Job Description: Reservation Specialist
Camden Accommodations offers more than 65 high-quality homes and apartments throughout the Mid-coast region, from Owls Head to Belfast, available on a weekly or monthly rental basis. As a member of our vacation rental team, the Reservation Specialist serves, along with the owner, as one the guest’s first introductions to our company and lovely rental homes. We pride ourselves on the quality of the service we offer our guests, as well as the beauty and comfort of the homes we represent—to both of which we attribute our high rate (38%) of repeat guests each year.
Under the supervision of and alongside the owners, the Reservation Specialist works with guests to find the vacation home best-suited to their needs, books their reservation in our state-of-the-art reservation database, and sees the process through with friendly, personalized service to the end of their stay and beyond. In addition, the Reservation Specialist works with homeowners and service people to ensure efficient coordination of all rental stays and turnovers and a positive experience for all involved.
The Reservation Specialist must possess the following skills and abilities, among others:
- Good, careful organizational and record-keeping skills, with an ability to multi-task when necessary
- Friendly, outgoing demeanor at all times
- Excellent customer service skills with an ability to calmly and tactfully manage conflicts and problem situations that may arise
- Strong verbal communication skills on the phone, in written communications, and in person
- Registered, insured vehicle and valid driver’s license
Tasks and responsibilities for this position (after training) include, but are not limited to:
- Development of thorough familiarity with all rental properties offered and their individual amenities, to be able to accurately describe them to guests and effectively match guests with the home that will best suit their vacation needs.
- Following reservation bookings through from the initial contact to completion, including reservation booking, guest billing, homeowner communications, arrival coordination, and guest follow-up
- Assembly of arrival packets for all guests
- Preparation, distribution, and maintenance of information notebooks for each rental home
- Coordination and scheduling of cleaning, trash pickup, and maintenance services for all rentals
- Communication with past guests to prospect for future reservations
- Presence in the office every other Saturday from June – September (with the following Friday off); on-call availability every other week year-round (winters much slower than summers).
Please send resume and cover letter to James Lott, firstname.lastname@example.org.