The health and safety of our guests is our first priority. We expect all our guests to follow current state mandates for COVID-19.
Current COVID-19 Updates and Information for Visitors to Maine are available on the State of Maine website.
LENGTH OF RENTAL
For the high season of June – October, there is a minimum stay of 7 days. While most are Saturday to Saturday, some properties are only available Sunday to Sunday or Friday to Friday. Additionally, town ordinance requires a minimum seven-day stay at any time of year at rental properties in the town of Camden.
The maximum occupancy is determined by the owner and stated in each description and in the Rental Agreement (allowances may be made for infants in cribs). Violation is grounds for immediate eviction with no exceptions and no refunds. Parties, weddings, rehearsal dinners, family reunions and other such events must have prior approval and may incur additional charges. Failure to disclose an event could result in eviction and forfeiture of all monies paid. Most properties are in residential areas. Please have respect for the neighbors and property at all times.
- Reservation Deposit: Reservations are accepted on a cottage-available basis. A reservation deposit equal to 1/2 the total Rental Amount, plus the Service Fee (see the “Service Fee” paragraph below), 9% Lodging Tax, Damage Insurance and Trip Cancellation Insurance (Vacation Rental Insurance) if accepted, is required to book a cottage.
- Final Payment: The final payment of the remaining 1/2 of the Rental Amount and Security Deposit (if applicable, see below) is due 45 days prior to your arrival. We will email you an invoice and travel information eight weeks prior to your arrival date.
- Last Minute Rentals: Reservations made within 45 days of arrival require the full payment.
- Method of Payment: Payments may be made by Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card, PayPal, or check. Make all checks payable to CAMDEN ACCOMMODATIONS. All payments must be made in U.S. Funds.
OTHER FEES AND CHARGES
- Service Fee:
Our Service Fee is a non-refundable, taxable charge calculated at 12% of the rental amount. This fee covers reservation/processing costs, 24-hour emergency service while you are in residence, and general overhead costs. For extended stays the Service Fee is $150/month.
- Property protection:
You must either, at your option:
- Provide a refundable Security Deposit, or
- Purchase a Damage Insurance policy from Camden Accommodations through our insurance provider, CSA/Generali Travel Protection.
- Security Deposits are invoiced 45 days before your arrival and refunded within 30 days of your departure if all is well.
- The Damage Insurance policy is designed to cover unintentional damage to the rental unit interior that occurs during your stay. The cost to you is $50.00, charged at the time of your reservation booking. The policy pays a maximum benefit of $3,000. Assessed damages that exceed the policy limit will be charged to the credit card on file. Please email us if you would like a copy of the Damage Protection policy we sell with our reservations on behalf of Generali.
- Lodging Tax:
The Maine State Lodging Tax, currently at 9% (effective 1/1/2016), is applied to the rental amount, as well as the service fee and any pet/cleaning fees.
- Trip Cancellation Insurance:
Camden Accommodations offers optional Trip Cancellation Insurance (Vacation Rental Insurance) through CSA/Generali Travel Protection. This coverage is optional but strongly recommended. The insurance premium, which is a fixed percentage of the rent/service fee total, is non-refundable. Camden Accommodations staff is not legally allowed to advise you on insurance coverage, but please email us if you would like a copy of the policy we sell through our reservations. (If you need additional information, please call Generali directly at 800-554-9839.) **Only available for US residents
- Pet Fee: In pet friendly properties, there is a non-refundable pet fee of $150 per pet.
NOTE: IN ANY CASE, THE SERVICE FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
- If it becomes necessary to cancel your reservation, you are still financially responsible for the entire amount of the reservation. The rental portion of any monies paid will be refunded only if your property is re-rented for the same time period and at the same amount. If we are unable to re-rent the property, the rental portion of all monies paid shall be forfeited. Any taxes and fees, except the Service Fee, tax on the Service Fee, and Trip Cancellation Insurance, will be refunded.
- We will make every effort to re-rent the property; however, re-rental is not guaranteed.
- You must notify our office immediately by telephone, then follow up with an email, as all cancellations must be in writing.
- If you have accepted the Trip Cancellation Insurance (Vacation Rental Insurance) provided by CSA/Generali Travel Protection, you must file a claim with them to determine whether or not your cancellation is covered. Upon approval of your claim, CSA will refund any non-refundable monies that are kept by Camden Accommodations.
We reserve the right to terminate or reject a rental if the reservation is booked under false pretenses.
CHECK-IN / CHECK-OUT TIMES
- Check-in: 4:00 p.m. Our office is not currently open to the public, but your welcome packet, which will include keys and direction to your rental property, will be available for pick-up after 4:00 p.m. Please do not go to the property before then. If there are any issues, please call us at (207) 236-6090.
- Check-out: 9:00 a.m. Before you leave, please read and follow the check-out procedures in your materials. Keys picked up at our office must be returned to our office. There will be a $25 charge for keys lost or not returned to the Camden Accommodations office with possible additional charges if locks need to be changed. You are responsible for your rental property until keys are returned.
Smoking of any sort is prohibited in all properties and on their premises. Evidence of smoking may result in eviction without a refund.
Some owners will allow pets; there is a non-refundable $150 fee per pet and a security deposit requirement. The properties that may accept pets are specifically noted “Pets: Ask” on the cottage information page and are the ONLY properties where pets may be allowed at the discretion of the owner. We regret that we cannot ask other property owners to make an exception on your behalf. It is understood that pet owners will be liable for any damage caused by pets. Pets must not be left unattended at any property unless they are left in a crate. Crates are not provided; you must bring your own. Please note that the State of Maine has a statewide leash law. A pet or evidence of a pet found on premises that does not accept pets will cause forfeiture of entire rent and immediate tenant eviction. NOTE: If you suffer from pet allergies, please notify your Camden Accommodations reservationist. Many properties do not allow guests’ pets, but owners may have pets of their own. Therefore, pets may have been on the premises at one time or another.
If the power goes out, please refer to the Central Maine Power (CMP) outage page, which includes maps of all current outages by town and street: www.cmpco.com/wps/portal/cmp/outages/website. Or, call them at 1-800-696-1000. Camden Accommodations will have no additional information beyond what CMP shares on their outage line or website. What we do know from experience is that CMP is very quick to attend to issues, in the order of magnitude.
INTERNET, WIFI, & TELEVISION SERVICES
Most of our houses have internet, but some have limited download capacity. Information on wifi log-in and use of remote controls is provided in the home’s Cottage Notebook. Please note that Camden Accommodations does not provide internet, cable, satellite, or dish television support and/or troubleshooting beyond what you will find in the Cottage Notebook. Interruption of any of these services are not deemed as emergencies, however please report issues requiring a service technician as soon as possible during business hours if something is clearly not working so that we can facilitate timely repairs. This is a rural area, and service calls can take up to a week to schedule; therefore, we’ll do our best, but we cannot guarantee cable or internet. Neither Camden Accommodations nor the homeowner can be held responsible for failure of any internet, wifi, or television services, and no refunds will be made for the lack of tv or cell phone reception, internet, or cable services.
Our homes’ television and internet hook-ups are checked at the end of each rental term, and all systems are expected to be properly connected when you leave. If a service technician is required to reconnect these systems after you leave, the cost will be deducted from your security deposit.
PROPERTY FOR SALE
Occasionally, some of our properties are listed on the market for sale and may be shown to prospective buyers. Every attempt will be made to give 24-hours notice and to not interrupt your vacation. These properties are designated in the description as PFS.
Please note: Rates are subject to change without notice.
Every effort has been made to ensure that this information is accurate and complete. We cannot be held responsible for typographical errors, or for changes made by homeowners in furnishings or equipment.
Camden Accommodations’ sole business is the renting of vacation properties in Midcoast Maine.
We have a contractual relationship and serve as representatives for our property owners. We treat all parties (owners and guests) honestly, fairly and in good faith.